Choosing the perfect piece of jewelry doesn’t have to be a headache or break the bank. Use the following tips for successful shopping!
Setting a budget can actually help focus your shopping so you don’t get overwhelmed by choices. It is important you feel comfortable with the amount you are spending. Sterling silver jewelry with semi-precious gemstones and freshwater pearls can be very affordable. Our entire website is organized by low to high price, or you can view our gift guide that organizes our jewelry by price categories.
It is easy to melt her heart by putting in a minimum of effort. How can you be sure she will "love it"? Well, the following tips will help.
- Bring out those baby blues! Choose earrings or jewelry that "match her eyes," just be sure you know what color they are! The right gemstone will enhance their color and sparkle and touch her with your thoughtfulness. Think matching colors (blue for blue eyes) or complimentary colors (reds for green eyes).
- What is her favorite color? Is this a woman who goes crazy for purple? Anything amethyst will be her new favorite accessory since it will match many things in her closet. This is where our "Color Collection" is really helpful, or you can search our website with keywords like "purple" or "amethyst" to focus your options. If you need guidance finding something in her "must have" color, email us and we can help!
- Hair Color & Hair Style…yes, when buying earrings it does make a difference. If she is a brunette dark colored gemstones and pearls will disappear into her hair. Choose something that will stand out with color, sparkle, light colored pearls, or go larger and longer if she loves black or dark colors. Red hair looks great with oranges, yellows, greens, aqua blue and pastel pink. Blondes can get away with almost any color, but if it is too translucent or pale it might fade away, better to pick something with bright colors or any color pearl. Short hair can carry any design from dainty to long, but chin length to longer hair will need some extra length to stand out.
- What is her dress "style"? Pay attention to the clothing she wears most often. Does she wear professional, sporty, casual, classic, or fashionable clothes? Does she prefer black, navy or white clothing, or earth tones (like brown, tan, & orange), or does she wear a lot of bright colors? Does she wear simple, minimal jewelry, or does she like larger, dangly, eye-catching pieces? Does she wear silver, gold or both? If she doesn't own a lot of jewelry, choose an "everyday" piece in a neutral easy-to-wear color so she can wear it often. If she has lots of jewelry, you can spy on what she wears most—and go for something unusual and different that might round out her collection. Ask yourself these questions and you will be well on your way to choosing a gift that she will love. Or you can provide us with this important info and we can help you pick just the right piece.
- Where will she be wearing her jewelry? It is good to consider lifestyle and profession when choosing jewelry – then she will get lots of opportunities to enjoy your gift! Here are some hints:
- A professional will usually need more versatile, neutral jewelry that will go well with suits and/or uniforms, or if she is a high-powered executive or in a creative field she might have a distinctive wardrobe that needs something bold and unusual!
- A full-time mom will mostly be wearing more casual clothing, and probably will feel most comfortable in something that will go from day to night with little fuss -- she will be extra appreciative of something that is easy and pretty that she can wear on a daily basis.
- A student might be fashionable and like feminine & trendy jewelry, if she is an artist she will prefer more unusual, distinctive and eye-catching pieces, or she might be the sporty/casual/classic type and prefer something that can be worn while working out, hanging with friends and will go with all the basics in her closet.
This can be a meaningful way to choose a gift. In the last century, American jewelers started using "birthstones" that are associated with the individual months rather than the zodiac signs. Zodiac stones are associated with each astrological sign and have been used for centuries in many cultures. Many unique and affordable gemstones have a long association with the different signs of the zodiac. By choosing a zodiac gemstone or birthstone, you are giving a gift that is both thoughtful and meaningful to the individual. There is a birthstone section on our website where you can check out the birthstones and designs by month. Shop for birthstone jewelry. You can always use our search feature if you don't see what you are looking for under the birth month. We don't have every single item with a given birthstone on each month.
Still Need a hand? Write us a note and we will call you or email you back with advice!