"The one-piece, secure wonder"
What we Love:
- Secure - This top has a little spring that snaps the back shut, and there are no pieces to lose. For people who have a tendency to lose their earrings, this is the best choice.
- Comfortable - The smooth, curved back will not poke you while you are on the phone.
- Subtle - Because of the thin wire, this will not overpower or distract from the earring design.
- Movement - A lot of our earrings are dangle styles, and they really look great when they move and sway!
What to Consider:
- Can add unnecessary length when looking for a short earring.
- Curved post can be challenging to put in for some women.
- Pulls down on stretched piercings.
Styles to Choose From:
- Plain Leverbacks - Available in sterling silver or gold vermeil. This is one of our favorite options and most commonly used.
- Fleur de Lis Leverbacks - With a fleur de lis as a decoration - available in sterling silver or gold vermeil.
Posts and Studs
- Shorter Earring - They are great to make an earring hang shorter (about 0.5" shorter than the leverbacks).
- More Coverage - It's just a fact that ears stretch out over time. For piercings which have been stretched out, this is a great way to cover up the hole.
- More Support - Good for women who are sensitive to their ears "pulling" and would like extra support for their earrings. This is also a good choice for extra long, dangly, or heavier styles (like chandeliers) that need support.
- Beautiful Styles - Studs look a lot less like "hardware" than leverbacks or wires, and the shapes can offer nice balance to the designs.
What to Consider:
- Two Pieces - Because there are two pieces to this earring, some of us tend to lose one, if not both of them...Sound like you? Try a leverback
- Watch that post! Sometimes getting the earring back on takes a little patience. Too much force and WHAP! bent earring post. We can replace it for you, but it's not fun to bend a post.
Styles to Choose From:
We offer a variety of stud tops but we automatically pair the stud that best goes with the style of earring. Let us know if you have a specific request on stud style.
- Leaf - Harmony designed this to be small and organic, great with our more delicate and simple designs. Available in silver or gold vermeil.
- Flower - An exclusive Harmony Scott design with exquisite detail, and one of our largest, most supportive studs available. Great with a basic pearl drop or for extra support on one of our large "branch" earrings. Available in silver or gold vermeil.
- Tear Drop - Another design from Harmony, this is a graceful tear drop shape, available in sterling silver or gold vermeil. Or in a medium size- silver only.
- Floret* - A simple take on the flower top, while still offering support. Available in silver or gold vermeil.
- Simple Ball* - This is a basic round ball, very simple and small. Available in silver or gold vermeil, and in small or medium size.
* Please note the Floret and the Simple Ball earring tops are not available in our drop down menu. To chose these let us know in the note section during your checkout. *
- Classic - French wires and wires are a classic, simple and discreet look.
- Subtle look - These are the most "invisible" earring tops from the side and are a good look for photographed candid shots and brides!
- Lost! The wire doesn't have a closure on the back – which means a flick of the hair can snag your earring. We always include a set of earring backs in case you like the wire but want extra security (but these can be a bit difficult to get on & off.)
Styles to Choose From:
- French wire* - Extra simple and discreet. Many brides like this because it is the most "invisible" of all our earring tops when seen from the side.
- Leaf wire* - This is a new design exclusively from Harmony Scott, very dainty, discreet and organic. It looks equally good with short and long earrings, simple to elaborate.
** Please note the French wire and Leaf wire earring tops are not available in our drop down menu. To chose these let us know in the note section during your checkout. **
- Diversity - These are a fabulous option to convert our necklace pendants into earrings! All of our pendants can go on these hoops, and it creates a very cool mod-geo fashion look. They can also be worn without the pendant.
- Bold Look with Simplicity - The hoop is great for the more simple styles of pearls and gemstones, and creates a bolder look when paired with these designs.
- Closure - Our hoop has a wire that "locks down" behind the ear for security. No second piece to lose.
- Sizes - We have different sizes available so make sure to fit the size to not only your earlobe but for the style you're going for.
- Small Hoop - Hugs the earlobe like a huggie. Has just enough room for a gemstone to hang from. Available in silver only.
- Medium Hoop - Has more room to slip on a gemstone or pendant. Available in silver only.
- Large Hoop - Easily slip on any adornment or wear plain. Available in silver or gold vermeil.
The 14kt - 18kt Tops
- Allergies - These offer solutions to women who "can't wear anything but gold" but love the styles outside of Harmony's handmade 18kt collection.
- Durability - They will never fade in color as well, preserving the gold look of the earring significantly.
- 14 Karat vs. 18 Karat - Lower karat, stronger gold.
- Well, they cost more, but they are worth it!
- 14 Karat vs. 18 Karat - Lower karat costs less. The trade off is, with yellow gold, the coloring starts to lessen, but we think 14kt still matches the 18kt design nicely.
- 14kt White Gold Leverback - Great for sterling silver earrings.
- 14kt Gold Leverback - Favorite pick. Comfortable and secure, and adds length and movement.
- 18kt Gold Leverback - Favorite pick. Comfortable and secure, and adds length and movement.
- 18kt Gold French Wire - Classic look, which are also subtle, simple and discreet. Median between leverbacks and studs in adding length and movement.
- 18kt Gold Ball Post - This is a basic round ball, very simple and small, great for coverage and support.
Every woman should be able to wear earrings if they want to! So, of course we offer clip-ons. These are comfortable clip ons (we think so, anyway), with a small spring which snaps these shut. We like that the front of this earring offers a nice design element, too.