Use the high tide of power in the Full Moon to let go of old limiting energy. Realign, amplify, recreate and open yourself to new opportunities and ways of being in body/mind/spirit for the next phase of your life! This ritual is a wake-up call to the subconscious mind and also puts the Universe on notice that you are ready to let go of old limiting beliefs and attitudes that may be holding you back from you full potential at this time. By creating a personal ritual, you are invoking the power of nature to support and enhance your intention-setting and help you transform what no longer serves you. It is also important to set fresh intentions for new magical opportunities to come to you in all the areas you just purged and released.
*this ritual is just a suggestion, I encourage you to make this your own! You may not want to burn your page, you may just want to sit and meditate, or dance, or walk. Most important is to create a time to be mindful of what you are now ready to let go of in your life!
Materials needed to create your Full Moon Release for the next month:
- Quite, safe space and about 20-30 minutes of time
- Journal or paper & pen
- Candle/sage/incense/flowers to create a beautiful & sacred environment
- Matches & Large metal bowl, sink or a fireplace to burn paper
- Optional: objects of power or personal significance like crystals, image of teachers/family/saints/guru
- Optional: Ability to go outside under the Full Moon, (or as close to full as possible) to absorb the healing and clearing light *I like to write the list in the comfort of my home, & do the burning outside.
Let Go- Unburden - Purge- Clean Out *** Re-Align – Re-set – Re-imagine
1) Set your sacred space. Find a quiet place to sit, place crystals or other special items around you. Light the candle & sage, have your journal in front of you. If possible, do this under the light of the Full Moon.
2) Clear your energy. Imagine standing under a silver waterfall and allow all negative and non-serving energies to be washed away. Take a few deep breaths, center yourself and then begin to write down the most “charged” things in life you wish to release and LET GO that no longer serve you, that you no longer need, or aspects of yourself you have outgrown and are ready to change. Focus on less than 10 main items that are holding a lot of energy for you in the areas of mind/body/spirit/life/relationships/career. Keep your words specific but don't get into negative emotional descriptions. Use wording like “I now let go of….” “I now release….” “I now clean out…”
3) Re-read the list. Breathe deep into your heart and declare “I now let this go. And it is so.” BURN this list in your sink or outside in safe spot! Place one corner of the piece of paper over the candle allowing the flame to light your page (throw the page into the empty bowl as it burns) As the flames consume the list imagine them lifting into air out of your body & life and being a dispersed into the white light of the Full moon.
4) Reset-Intend-Envision-Create! Now write on a fresh page what you would like to experience this month in all areas-...be specific and use positive supportive language. "I am now ready for…” “I am now creating…” “I now invite…” and end with “This or something better is now manifesting in all areas of my life, for the highest good of all" Keep this list in your journal, on your bathroom mirror, in your car- or where you can see it through the month. You can also record yourself reading this list, and listen to it over the next month to ground your intentions. When you are finished, say a prayer of gratitude for taking this sacred time for yourself.